E-2 Visa Transfer
Visa Transfer to a New Job
- Teachers in Korea who want to work at another school are required to go through Visa Transfer process.
- Those teachers won’t need to obtain new sets of the documents they already obtained before coming to South Korea.
- After preparing the documents as below, a teacher or a school representative needs to visit the Immigration in order to get the transfer done same day.
- In case that a school representative visit the immigration on half of a teacher, a teacher should write a Power of Attorney for the school.
- The transfer should be done within 2 weeks since the new contract starts.
- When the visa extended, 60,000 KRW fee is charged.
- Recommend to make a reservation in advance via Hi Korea website. Immigration centers in Korea are usually very busy and only open from 9AM to 6PM.
- Here are the documents that you need to prepare;
- Release Letter (This doc is required only when you are transferring voluntarily in the middle of contract. This can be exempt when teachers complete the contracted or agreed work term. Also can be exempt when school’s bankruptcy or delayed payments of wage, in that case the proof docs are required)
- Confirmation of Residence/Accommodation (when teacher leases/owns the residence)
- Signed Contract(Original and Copy)
- Application Form (No. 34 form)
- Report on Alteration or Addition of Employment Place (No. 38-3 form)
- Business Registration Certificate (사업자 등록증) Copy
- School Establishment Registration (학원설립운영등록증) Copy
- Confirmation of Residence/Accommodation (when school provides the residence)
- Signed Contract (Original and Copy)
error: Content is protected !!